| Wedding Industry Insider Tips |
Getting engaged and starting organizing your wedding is an exciting experience. However, planning and coordination are overwhelming. A comprehensive wedding planning checklist is always advisable. No matter you are planning a DIY wedding or you have a wedding planner to help you out, a wedding planning checklist with step by step tips and direct indications can help you get out of the stress and complexity of organizing a wedding.
As a wedding photographer based in Melbourne, I write this comprehensive guide for the brides-to-be who are organizing their dream wedding in Australia. Through years working in the wedding industry and always standing closely with the bride and groom on their big day, we have learned something to perfectly organize a wedding.
Below is a full guide for wedding planning checklist. Hope it can contribute to the success of your dream wedding. Please don’t feel stressed if you are running late compared to my list. This is a guide from my experience, not an instruction you must follow. Let’s get started.
• Announce the engagement to the friends and both side of the family members
• Organize an engagement party
• Start thinking your wedding theme, vision and budget
• Start doing the research on ceremony location, celebrant or priest, and reception venues
• Start thinking the possible bridal registry
• Planning the guest list
• Confirm your wedding theme and budget
• Book your reception venue, ceremony venue and celebrant
• Finalize the guest list
• Pick your bridesmaid, groomsmen, flower girl and ring bearer.
• Send out the save for date message and order your formal invitation card
• Start researching your wedding dress, groom’s suit
• Start researching your wedding suppliers, such as photographer, cinematographer, stylist, florist, MUA, hair artist, wedding day transport, entertainment, musician, cake etc.
• Begin planning your honeymoon destination.
• Order your wedding dress, groom suit and bridal party attire
• Book your wedding suppliers
• Thinking about your wedding band
• Send out your formal invitation card
• Organize the possible license or permit for the wedding day
• Join in the possible fitness program
• Order your wedding band
• Organize the gift registry
• Book your honeymoon accommodation and transport
• Book your wedding night suite
• Finalize the food and drink menu with your reception
• Organize the possible pre-wedding photo shoot with your photographer
• Organize the possible signature frame or wall
• Buy the bridal shoes and groom shoes
• Have appointments with your wedding suppliers to confirm the detail, discussing your preference and concerns
• Start the possible Spa and beauty treatment
• Pick up your wedding band and confirm the size is correct
• Pick up your wedding dress, groom suit, bridesmaids dress and groomsmen suits, confirm the size is correct
• Confirm first dancing song, possible ceremony songs and the playlist for the reception
• Follow up and confirm the RSVPs.
• Have a trial for make-up and hair
• Begin writing vows and prepare the speech
• Confirm the guest final number and seating arrangement with the wedding reception
• Confirm the last minute detail with wedding venue and stylist
• Get all your wedding day wearings ready
• Get relaxed and enjoy the countdown moment
Should you have any more questions about how to organize your dream wedding in Melbourne, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to use our experience and wedding industry insider’s sight to help you. Hope you enjoy the journey to plan your wedding.